This site is owned and operated by Brain Brawn & Body, LLC. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION BRAIN BRAWN & BODY GATHERS AND TRACKS
Brain Brawn & Body gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, our annual print publication, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
- Information Brain Brawn & Body gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Brain Brawn & Body derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users.
We offer free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users
- Polling. We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Brain Brawn & Body may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Surveys. Brain Brawn & Body may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Newsletters. We may offer newsletters on various health topics to be delivered to you via email. This collected email information will not be shared with any of our sponsors.
- Annual Print Publication. We will send a publication to our subscribers on an annual basis. Your mailing address is required for delivery. This information may be shared with other providers to assist in the delivery of the publication but will not be shared for any marketing reasons.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Brain Brawn & Body as well as third parties may be placing and reading cookies on users' browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on this website. “Cookies” are small data files that are stored on the hard drive of the computer you use to view a web site. Every computer that accesses the Brain Brawn & Body website is assigned a different cookie by Brain Brawn & Body or third party provider. “Web Beacons” are graphic image files imbedded in a web page typically used to monitor activity on a web page and send back to its home server (which can belong to the host site, a network advertiser or some other third party) information from your browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the beacon is located, the type browser that is accessing the site and the ID number of any Cookies on your computer previously placed by that server.
Cookies or Web Beacons may be used to collect non-personal Information about your usage of the Brain Brawn & Body website, including which topics you have viewed. These third party advertising service providers may use this information, on our behalf, to help Brain Brawn & Body deliver advertising based on your browsing activity on the website.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.